Saturday, July 11, 2009

New to Thrifty Treasures


This is only my third week yard sailing.  Who knew it could be so much fun.  After reading about everyone's great treasures, I decided to see what my area had to offer.  Here are a few of my "treasures" found this week.




This cutting board was 50 cents.  I plan to paint it white and put my initial on it.

This magazine rack was $1.00.  This was one of the things on my list to find.  It will get a  nice new look with some white paint.
Both of these things were a quarter each.  The tin I plan to paint with chalkboard paint.  Not sure what I plan to do with the cake stand.


This great iron shelf was only $3.  Surely, I'll find some place for it.



I love this picnic basket.  It is big and in perfect condition.  Price - only $2.  Also, in the picture is a new set of Pampered Chef fondue forks that I couldn't resist for only $1.




This is not exactly a yard sale find but is special because my teenager actually thought of me.

My son works at a major craft store.  A customer broke this and his manager "sold" it to him for 25 cents.  He was sure I would find something to do with it.


Thanks for visiting and I would for you to leave a comment or two.   Also, make sure you visit over at Southern Hospitality to see more great thrifty treasures.



24 Comentários:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You not only got some great buys, but also have some good redo ideas.
Glenda

Amy Lynne said...

What a nice kid! Welcome to the yard sale world, careful it so much fun it's addicting!

Deana said...

that picnic basket is great. what an amazing price!!

★Carol★ said...

Sounds like you are a convert now to garage sales! And you should be, because you found some great things! Love that shelf, and it's so nice that your son thought of you, and bought that for you!

Bonnie said...

Welcome to the addictive world of yardsales! I'm relatively new too, but I've certainly been trying to make up for lost time. I love your finds! You did good!

Anonymous said...

For a 'newbie' in the world of thrifting, you sure got some great deals!

Kammy said...

Your son is so nice...sounds like something my son would do too (they know us well, huh ?)
You got some outstanding buys....
Love the cake stand - If I had it I would paint it black or white , then keep my eyes open for a large glass cake dome....endless possibilities , girl !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Susie Q said...

Great present from your son and I love the ship plate...really. Just like it is!

Shery said...

I am only a few weeks new to yard saling/estate saling and thrift shop shopping. Since I don't work in the summer I decided to hit all types of shopping for resale items and test each one. Don't limit yourself to yard sales...there are lot's of great treasures out there.

Maya said...

Great finds. I have seen people display all kinds of things on cake stand.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Tarva, great finds for your first few times out. I'm sure you'll find a place for all of them.

Rhonda said...

can't wait to see your makeovers!
you got some great stuff at really good prices.

Anonymous said...

I love your finds! Can't wait to see the transformations...

Nicole A. said...

What awesome finds! How nice of your son to think of you! Love that!

Signing Out said...

Great finds! I'm lovin' the shelf and the picnic basket!

Jane

Darlene said...

You found some GREAT things. I especially love the white iron shelf and that picnic basket! Great buys!!

Shauna said...

Wow $2 for that picnic basket, what a deal.

Maya said...

Lovely finds. Of course I wouldn't paint the tin! Adore the sailboat!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great job. And you've only done this a few times?!

I like the idea of chalkboard paint on the tin.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

How sweet of your son to think of you. Great finds

Lynette said...

Great finds - that cake stands would look incredible as a cloche or something with a great big glass top. And that scrolly shelf - wow!!
But, gotta love a kid who brings home a treasure for mom!!

Thanks for visiting and come back anytime -

Happy Monday -

Kelli said...

I love everything you found!! Can't wait to see the makeovers!

Sandra said...

Hi there! Welcome to the start of yard sales! Aren't they fun? hee hee! I started going to yard sales after signing up to follow Rhoda. :) I love it.
Blessings,
Sandra

grannyann said...

Is that not a porch or yard swing?

Talking Tarva ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO