Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thrifty Treasures





I'm participating in Southern Hospitality's Today's Thrifty Treasures.  Drop by Rhoda's site to see more great treasures.
I found this wreath for $2.00.  I plan to take the flowers off and do something with it.  If you have any ideas please let me know.  I want it to go out on the sun porch.
This next picture shows a few things that were just t00 cheap to pass up.
The foam board was a new unopened pack for 25 cents.  The wood plaque was 25 cents.  Will probably do something with chalkboard paint on it.  The paint (both almost full) was ????

That's right.  Each can was 1 cent.  It's old (2004 I think) but it may work on some little project. This lady had tons of stuff.  Everything I bought was 25 cents or less.

These two leaf things were $1 for both.  Not sure that I really like them but didn't want to regret not getting them.  So I will have to think about them for a while.  Any ideas?  The fabric was 5 cents.  

These picture frames were 25 cents each.  The plate stands were 5 cents each.  The picture holders were 25 cents.  I also got two big frames that were new for $1 each.  One still had the tag for $19.99 on it.  

I needed a gate to keep our puppy out of the kitchen while I cook.  This one was $1.


This lamp was 50 cents.  It already has a new coat of black paint on it.    Now I just need to figure out how to redo the lamp shade.  I've taken all the fabric off and just have the bones to the lampshade.  The little oval picture frame in the corner was also 25 cents.


This chair was free.  I got it and the sofa from a friend a while back.  Both are in perfect condition.  The only problem was the awful brown color.  I finally got the nerve to paint the chair.  I love it.  Next week I'll be painting the sofa.  


Thanks for stopping by.  If you have any ideas of uses for my treasures please let me know.




18 Comentários:

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great finds and great prices

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I like your chair, and the prices you found were amazing!!! :) Visiting from Rhoda's party. :)

Blue Creek Home said...

You found some useful things this week. The chair is great.
Rhonda

Unknown said...

That chair is fantastic! I think the leaf things could be hung on the wall or glued to a painted board and then hung. Great finds. Thanks for sharing.

Charla

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Tarva, thanks for joining the party. You found some great and inexpensive things this week.

Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 said...

What a steal on the baby gate! We just paid a fortune for a new one we needed because I couldn't find one at a garage sale (have been searching the sales since April to no avail).

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Are the leaves flexible? Maybe shaped into a crown or frame. I like how they look. Can you believe anything would be priced 1 cent? That makes your money really go a long way.

★Carol★ said...

Wow, you spent next to nothing! Great job! I like those leaves just as they are, and I LOVE that chair! Free is good!

Sue said...

Love the free, painted black chair! I like the leaves; what about mounting them on a board covered with your favorite fabric, then framing them? Could look cute!
:-) Sue

the undomesticated wife said...

Wow, that chair was free?!

You could put the leaves over a doorway if you have enough space..painted or not. Or put them over a window.

Funny that she put 1 cent on the paint. LOL

musingegret said...

Love the leaves; I see them mounted vertically with a round or oval mirror/picture/chalkboard in between!

Gwen said...

What deals! I always grab paint when I see it, but never get it anywhere near that price.

Amy Lynne said...

Wow! Great finds and great prices!

Nicole A. said...

Geesh, you did awesome!! I LOVE all of your finds! LOVE that free chair!!

Rhonda said...

Great finds! I LOVE the free chair!

Helen Joy said...

I love the leaves! I would paint them and put them on either side of a large painting or picture.

Fran. said...

Hey, go over to perfectisboring.blogspot to see what she did with ribbon to her lampshade that was just wire. Very cool. I like the crown idea for the leaves or else paint them and put them on the wreath? Take care, Fran.

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

love the chair you painted. can't wait to see the sofa

Talking Tarva ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO