Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Few Estate Sale Finds

I almost didn't make it out Saturday morning.  My son had to work and I promised he could use my car.  There were 60 yard & estate sales going on.  About 10 minutes till seven I decided I could hit a few that was closest to me.  I managed to hit about 5 yard sales, 1 church sale and 1 estate sale.


There was absolutely nothing at the yard sales.

The church sale was good but I had very little time to browse.  I did find a nice wood chair.  I have been looking for one that I could paint red to go into the sunroom. For $5 I grabbed it.  Unfortunately, my camera died before I had a chance to take a picture of it.  Maybe next week I can do a before and after picture of it.

Now for the estate sale.  I only spent about 15 minutes here.  Even though I didn't have a lot of time here I feel like I hit the jackpot.  

First I found these great signed prints by a South Carolina artist.  She has a gallery in Charleston.  I paid two dollars each.  They will go great in either my hall or foyer.


  Sorry the pictures are so bad.  I hung them on the wall in my hall to take the pictures (wall paper has just been removed - so this will not be the final color of the walls) but I couldn't get a picture without the glare.  

Now for the treasure of the week.  I found a set of china that included 8 dinner plates, 8 dessert bowls, 2 serving bowls, and the creamer.  There was a price on the creamer for $5 and the entire set was stacked up so I asked if it was $5 for the whole set and the lady said yes.  Again, I can't show pictures of it all because my camera died but here you can see the pattern.  


At the estate sale I also found a little table/tray that folds inside to close.  I'll have to post a picture of it next week and hopefully someone will know what it is.

Did you find anything great this week?

Make sure you head over to visit Rhoda at Southern Hospitality and see all the Thrifty Treasures from all the bloggers participating in Rhoda's party.

28 Comentários:

Lisa said...

I love the creamer! It is so darn cute!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

A whole set for $5?? That's amazing. :) I love the pattern! Visiting from Rhoda's party. :)

★Carol★ said...

I love the pattern of your new set of china! I've seen that pattern before, and I love the blue at the bottom. Those bird prints are pretty too. Great finds!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Tarva, you found some great things! So glad you got inspired to try yardsales again, they truly are addicting. I can't imagine shopping the stores anymore. This is too much fun. Thanks for joining the party.

Gwen said...

Wow, $5 for the whole set!!

Alicia said...

Hi Tarva,
Visiting from Rhoda's. You did great. I love the pattern on the creamer and can't wait to see the before and after photos of the chair.

Have a great week!
Alicia

Suzanne in TX said...

$5 for all that wonderful China??? Wow, you did hit a great sale. Hope to see you over my way soon...

Michelle said...

Wow...what a great find on the china! I love the shape of the creamer.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Beautiful prints and so cheap! Wow! Linda

BrittanyMarie said...

Wow you got some really great stuff. And $5, like everyone elses said, that's amazing!! Great finds!

Sue said...

Tarva, Nice buy on the china for $5.00. It's a pretty pattern. Get that wall painted and show us what it looks like with those pictures again! Thanks for the visit.
:-) Sue

Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 said...

You bought a set of china for $5????? EEEEEKKKKK!!!! That has to be the deal of the century!!

Bonnie said...

Oooh! I love the pattern on that china! Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Blue Creek Home said...

Those bird prints are very "Audubon-ish"! And the china is just lovely!
Rhonda

Julie said...

What a great find China for $5.00. I live across the bridge from Charleston, 5 miles away in Mount Pleasant, are you near, or just lucy to find the prints!!

Britt said...

I love the prints you picked up! Great steal!

Kammy said...

Five bucks - SCORE ! I wanna see the whole set - maybe next week ???
Hugs ~ Kammy

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

A whole set of dishes for $5.00? Great find!!! And the prints are pretty fabulous as well.

Anny said...

I can't believe you got a gorgeous set for $5 - the early bird really got the worm!

Lady Katherine said...

I adore the creamer!

ellen b. said...

Great buys Tarva! I'm really going to have to hitch up with some serious yard/garage/estate sale experts :0)!

Nicole said...

Hi Tarva, thanks so much for stopping over at my blog and leaving a comment. I enjoyed seeing your finds, too, 5 dollar sfor a whole set of china?! Come on, no way! I am totally inspired to try to hit some yard and estate sales next weekend (Im usually too lazy and just hi thrift and antique stores). Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Tarva, what great finds! Love the little floral creamer!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

CC said...

A set of china for $5.00 is just too wonderful and that pattern is just gorgeous.They're all beautiful finds.

Connie said...

Love all of your finds. It sounds like you made good use of your time Saturday morning.

hugs,
Connie

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Glad to hear you got to hit some sales after all and scored some great finds.

Debra from Bungalow said...

5 bucks for a set of pretty dishes! You did good!
Sometimes you can really find good stuff at yardsales. I love yardsaling and am truly addicted. Thanks for stopping by on Thrifty Monday...hope you come back often.

Nicole A. said...

Great finds! Love those prints and that china is AWESOME! I love love love the pattern! So pretty!

Thanks So Much for Stoppin by my blog!!!

Talking Tarva ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO